While we currently do NOT provide cash awards, we provide access to space, community, training sessions, investors and much more, in return for 5% of company’s equity.
Type & click enter
The Acceleration Program
WHAT WE OFFER
- One-on-one mentoring from successful experts, entrepreneurs and investors
- Weekly dinners, speakers and pitch practice
- FREE coworking space, conference rooms, and WIFI at LIU Downtown Brooklyn (first stop in Brooklyn)
- High value add services including communications & PR, accounting & legal, HR & diversity advisory, business model dev & strategies, marketing & sales, growth hacking, operations, product dev & project management, branding, design & tech dev, talent recruitment & retention, motivation & holistic wellness
- Industry specific sessions and panel discussions to help your company grow
- Frequent exposure to leading Seed investors, Angel investors and Venture Capitalists during and after the program
- Tailored support from Startup52 team to accelerate traction
- Highly vetted college and high school interns to help you
- Free and discounted perks and deals from partner companies including Amazon, TriNet, Microsoft, SendGrid, and many more
- Showcase your venture to investors and the press during our DEMO Day event
- FUN! You’ll work hard, but we all know that all work and no play will lead to burn-outs and crashes.
Your experience at Startup52X will probably be like none other. Our intensive acceleration program will expose you to the entrepreneurial rigor required to accomplish results. Besides niche sessions and working in teams to realize milestones, you will attend networking events, work with businesses and startups, meet with mentors and advisers, find and interview related funded startups, identify and engage potential customers, pitch your venture daily, among others. There will also be guest speakers and panels to answer questions and provide expert insights.
At the end of the acceleration, all teams pitch their startups to a group of selected guests and investors at our Demo Day event.
Because we are founder-centric, we place huge emphasis on the capabilities of the founding team and then the diversity profile. For accepted non-diverse teams, we work with you to help you diversify your team with your next hires.
Startup52 is a ‘general-focus’ accelerator. We prefer a diversified portfolio and will consider all viable ideas, from AI, to IoT, Edtech, BioTech, Cleantech, Mobile, Saas, On demand, Big Data, Privacy & Security, Hardware, Gaming, and much more. Hence, we encourage All to apply.
Startup52 prefers applicants that have tested and proven their product. Simply, the more traction, the better! Got Revenue? Users? MVP? or not? We would like to hear from you.
Acceleration period is 12 weeks.
Application deadline is May 8th| Orientation/Kick-off Week is June 6-9th, 2016 | Program runs from June 14th – August 26th, 2016 | DEMO Day is September 1st, 2016
Startups Per Session
Varies. We look for the best applications and will only accept teams that we deem promising. However, our goal is to identify between Ten and Fifteen startups per session for acceleration.
Our Acceleration program is run by an outstanding group of enthusiasitc experts committed to helping each startup succeed. Besides our Power Team, our community of dedicated volunteers include a host of mentors, advisers, specialists and other entrepreneurs. Click HERE to learn more about the Team
Have any more questions? Email email@example.com.
All accelerated startups, founders and teams automatically join and benefit from being a part of our strong and growing alumni network and have access to our networks and resources. We also encourage graduating and graduated teams to mentor newer teams.
All pre-funded alumni startups do have the opportunity to pitch at subsequent Demo Day events, after current startups. We will also work with alumni on an on-going basis and make necessary introductions along the way to ensure continued success.
All other funded startups will also have access to our facility, resources and network.